Sunday, February 8, 2015

First Japanese Companion

02/08/2015

Abashiri


Hey everyone.
It feels like it's been a while.
Well it's been a transfer.
I am no longer a bean (new Missionary).

Elder Spuling has died, (I miss him already-he went home to Indiana) and now I have a new companion.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE
dududududududududududududududududududududududududududududu

ELDER ASATO.

That's right. My new companion is Japanese. He's pretty chill. We get along pretty well. He is from Okinawa, and this is his last transfer too. Yup I'm killing 2 companions already. Kind of sad.
He is way good at Dendo though. I don't know if it's just that we speaks the language perfectly, but our numbers (investigators) our sky rocketing right now. I'm excited for this transfer. Oh and yes I'm still in Abashiri.

We went to Sapporo this week for transfers, and I got to see a sneak peek at the Snow Festival happening there right now. It looks really exciting. We get to go back to Sapporo tomorrow for that. We Have a ZTM (Zone Training Meeting), and a Zone Conference, and then we get to go to the Festival. Way exciting. I'll be sure to take pictures of that for you all.

Other than that, not a lot happened this week. I got a new study book. It's the D&C Institute study book. It is way cool. I'm currently studying section by section alongside this book. It brings to new light a lot of things.

RECOMMENDATION:
Get out your Ensign, or Liahona, or computer, wherever you can get it, and find Elder Sam Wong's talk. Remember the first guy to ever speak in a foreign language for General Conference. Yeah the Chinese one? Yeah it's a good talk. Read it over again. Make sure you are all doing your part as members of this church, and missionaries or not. Share this gospel. We have countless ways we can do so. and you don't even need to ping doorbells to do it. Talk to someone at school. Find someone at work. Post a scripture on Facebook every once in a while. Do something. Love someone.
Do something for someone else this week out of love. No other reason. Just Love.

Have a good week everybody. Till next week.
Elder Eliot
Signing off.

Not a ton of pictures this week, so I took some of Japanese money. 

Japanese Money

Christmas Child Moment

Elder Asato (first Japanese Companion)