Sunday, April 5, 2015

04/05/2015 | Well It's Been A Week

04/05/2015 | Well It's Been A week

Got his dads eyes!


Coming up with subject names is hard. I don't want to just have it be a week number, or day number or anything like that, that's boring (sorry for those of you who do that, it's just my opinion) but they are getting harder to come up with. Oh well 楽しみにしています

Soooo This week. It was... good? I guess. It wasn't like "BOOM MIRICLES EVERYDAY. PEOPLE BEING BAPTIZED LEFT AND RIGHT, HEALING PEOPLE LIKE IT'S NO ONES BUSINESS" But it wasn't a bad week either. just kind of normal.

On Monday, we had P-Day. We had some fun. We fixed up some old trashy bikes that some missionaries left here, and we biked 13 km to Cape Notoro to do some photography things. It probably would've been better if it were spring, or summer, it would've been prettier, but it was still fun. Elder Francis is way into photography so he has been giving me a few pointers, and the Pokemon you see in the pictures is some of my practices. He has a little box guy he uses to practice that kind of stuff, and I've decided to use Fennekin (フォーコ) The little Pokemon dude that I have. I'll probably be using him in other Photography things as well from now on, so you'll get to see Fennekin pretty often now. He is my Photo buddy. I have some other pics I'll try to send next week, but they are on Elder Francis's camera, and I haven't had a chance to get them off of there yet. Anyway then we biked another 13 km back home, and got changed into missionary clothes to go to a members house. We had delicious food with them there, and taught a lesson about Courage. If you haven't read the April Ensign/Liahona's (church magazine) First Presidency message yet, do it. It's good. Fun fact. In Japanese Sprit is "Yuuki" 勇気。 Literally it means "Brave Spirit" I like that translation, because it almost seems to me like it's saying, Be brave through the Spirit. That's what Courage is.

Looks Abandoned

Tuesday we went to District Training Meeting in Kitami. Nothing super mind blowing about this day (probably cause I can't remember it to well... tee hee) We came back and did Dendo, met some cool people, and that's about it.

With district in Kitami

Wednesday. We had a service opportunity this day, got to help sort a ton of Bottle Caps. (A TON. I think it might have litterally weighed a ton) That was fun. Then we went and tried to visit some appointments that we had made, but they all wound up falling through. No one was home. :(  Come on people. I can't save you if you aren't home when I come to talk to you. Kind of a rough day. Nothing really went to well for us that day.

This boy wants to be a missionary

Thursday. Also a day where appointments fell through. In the words of my companion it was a "Dead day" Just not a lot seen.
Abashiri by Sea

Friday. We didn't have any appointments, so we just did regular dendo. Still not a lot coming out of this day (when I go back and retell this it's slightly discouraging) Taught English class that night. That was fun. I love teaching English

New Photo Companion

Saturday. We went out to an area called Memanbetsu. There are some less active members living out there we went to try to visit. Didn't really get the oppurtunity because we couldn't find severel of them. We found one, but he was asleep, so we left a message, and left. Fun story though. We got on our train to come back, and Elder Francis just had a feeling that we should get off the train. We both kind of ignored it, because there was only one train, it said Abashiri on it, and we were both tired and wanted to just stay sitting. But then another train came right as ours was about to pull out. We got up so fast. We asked someone, turns out we were on our way to Engaru, which is 2 hours in the wrong direction. We got off that train and ran for the other train, and luckily made it. So yeah. Spiritual promptings. That happened

He is Risen

Sunday. EASTER. Yay. Happy Easter Everybody. We had church. No General Conference. We get conference a week late here in Japan, so we will see it next week. We did see some miricles this day though. This is what makes me know that our work the rest of the week didn't go unnoticed. Me and Elder Francis had just come from another fallen through appoinment, just to go to 2 more that also fell through. We were both very discouraged, very frustrated, so of course whats the best thing to do in that situation. Listen to the Spirit. Duh. Let's go Ping doorbells at this apartment. We caught 2 people right as they were going out the door and both said that they'd would be way down to talk about our message. They were leaving right then or they would've listened right then. Then that night, we were calling people, and I found a name, with a phone number, but no note about them. Thought "Heck why not" called this person, turns out that they don't know why the missionaries stopped visiting them. Set up an appointment with them, and we'll get to go visit them too. She was way nice, and I'm excited for it. The miricle was that I was the one that called her. I was the one that talked to her on the phone. No help from my senior companion, all in Japanese, and I could do it. Nice miricle filled day. I'm excited for this week to see how those miricles pan out in the end.

Well know that this church is true. I know it.
Jesus did live again. He was resurected, and because of that we can too.
We are saved by his grace.
This work that I am doing is for him.
Love it.

Have a wonderful week.

Elder Eliot


P-day at Cape Notoro