Sunday, June 21, 2015

06/21/2015 | Happy Daddy Day!!!

06/21/2015 


Kelson's email to his dad!

Happy Daddy Day!!!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Hope you had a good one. I know you're really bummed you can't call to me on Father's Day, but it's OK (Dad: Not too bummed, just think 3 times a year would be better than too). The times between calls home go really fast. If you think it goes fast for you just know that I still feel like I just got to Japan yesterday. And also look at it like this. By the next call, I will be senior missionary, and possibly training a new missionary already. So yeah mission goes really fast. Somebody asked me the other day about my dads mission journal. Asked if I'd ever read it and what stories I know about your mission, and I realized, I don't know to much. The only stories I remember are about the plane being "2 years away" and when you were leaving the MTC and everyone in your district got cold feet. Well, I'd like to know more about your mission πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
I also found this cool thing in the June... New era... I think... In one of the magazines. I posted the questions at the bottom. Let me know some stuff.γŠι‘˜γ„γ—γΎγ™。

Anyway, thank you for being my dad. I know I haven't always been the best kid, and I'm sure part of that is being the oldest, but you always have been a great father to me. I want to thank you for that. I'm sorry I can't always answer all your questions in the way that you want me to, but I am trying. I've decided what I will do is take a video of my apartment for you. Give you an idea of what a Japanese apartment is like. Give you almost a video journal. It's something I've always wanted to do, I tried to do it in Otaru, but my camera died, and it was the day I left :( I'll have to try that again sometime. And then I have pictures of Abashiri, but they are on Elder Francis camera... So that's also an issue. But now I'll get you the Shinkotoni apt. Yay!!!!! 

So back on the thanking you for everything train. Sorry I kind of just train hop a little, I wanted to thank you for all the help you've given me in scouting, school, and all other aspects of life. It may have been just a little taste of what hell is like, but I am now able to go to college πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyway Happy Father's Day. I love you I'll get that video to you sometime soon... Hopefully... I want to clean up the apt a little more. I love elder Rostedt, but he is not good at keeping a clean apartment, and he left me a mess to clean up soo yeah. Love you lots.
ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γ‚‹γ‚ˆ‼️


Kelson's email this week!

I'm not to sure what to talk about this week. Nothing overly exciting happened. We just messed around in Sapporo Train station for P-Day.... Tuesday we had DTM, and then institute that night. That was kind of fun. We go with our investigator to Institute every week. They are studying D&C right now, and honestly... The teacher is really boring... The fun part was after, when all of the YSA's started practicing their music for a concert in a few months. We started singing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and then I realized. I have sung this before. We were singing the same Motab arrangement that we sang in choir at school. So yeah. That was cool. On Wednesday we just had a normal day with English that night. We teach 2 classes on two days. Which is what we did on Thursday as well. And then Friday we had lunch with 2 investigators, and dinner that night with a cool family in he
ward. They had parakeets, one of them spoke Japanese too. That was fun. Then Saturday we tried to visit several people, but they all weren't home. We did have a sports night that night though, and it was a lot of fun. We mostly just played basketball, but towards the end we did play a Japanese card game that was very similar to scum. Then Yesterday (Sunday) we had a lot of fun. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! Just by the way. Happy day to all of the fathers out there. Especially mine :)
hope you all had a good day. Anyway so we had church, and had lunch afterwards, but we were able to make an appointment with our investigator, Matsunogo Yuuki kun, for a baptismal interview. I will see a baptism here in a few weeks, and it's my first one so I'm very excited. We also had another investigator come, who we had a lesson with afterwards. His girlfriend is also an investigator, so we did a lesson together with the sisters, and it went pretty well. It was almost a 4 hour lesson though... It was really long. And that brings us back to today.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT: I have gotten a lot of emails from home lately about the sacrament. One of which I'd like to share with everyone. Usually in sacrament meeting I wind up thinking of just random, literally anything and everything. I try to think a little more about Jesus during the sacrament portion, but especially being ADD its kind of hard. But my bishop the other day sent us an email in which he encouraged us to just pay attention to the words of the sacrament hymn. So I did. We sang the hymn, and then during the sacrament I just continually read the lyrics of sacrament hymns. Wow they are powerful. Sometimes I don't think we recognize the power of hymns. We get so used to just singing them, we don't recognize what the lyrics are saying. I challenge you all to try just reading the lyrics of a hymn after you have sung it. Think about what they are saying. It's very cool.

Well sorry I didn't have the Most interesting letter this time around. Maybe next week there'll be more to talk about. We've got some fun stuff planned for this week soooooo..... Yeah. Until then stay awesome
ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γ‚‹γ‚ˆ


The slide of slides

Busy packing on transfer day, moving to Sapporo

P-day football

Elder's Eliot and Francis

Eating

I love trains!



Eating more!

Sakura Tree (Cherry)

District at flower festival





Found American store!!!