Sunday, September 13, 2015

09/13/2015 | Sick Week

09/13/2015



Hey everyone it's already been a week. Time is weird isn't it's it feels like it's been forever, but at the same time it feels like just yesterday that I was emailing... I don't know. I'll wait till the next life to try to understand that. So as the subject says, we were sick this week. Elder Numano had a cold starting Tuesday, and the proceeding days, he just got worse, and worse. Because of that we were inside most days, and didn't get do dendo very much. I caught it too, but it was very minor, and I just took some meds, and bought some sore throat spray. I'm doing just fine now. Drinking lots of water. Elder Numano is doing pretty good as well.

We should be able to do a lot of work this week with all of the extra rest we did this past week. I like the way one of the members of the bishopric put it yesterday. "When it is needed, rest is work"  (
必要な時休むのは仕事) With that being the case we worked Really Hard.

One thing I did get to do though is start reading the Bible. I read all the way through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers... The Old Testament is kind of weird. Things I've gotten out of it is that I'm very happy we don't have to keep the Law of Moses today. It seems way difficult and annoying to have to burn only certain parts of so many animals. And then all this "if you touch this your unclean" kind of stuff. Yeah I like the Gospel we have now thanks. Also I'm very happy God is a lot more patient with us now than he was with the Israelites. If you read Leviticus, and Numbers, He killed quite a few Israelites. Not 100% sure why, but I have several theories, and am studying it out more. And then last one... Did you know there's a talking Donkey in the Old Testament? Numbers Chapter 22. God makes a donkey talk. The Old Testament is really weird...

So yeah that happened. Another cool thing this week was a testimony builder. Elder Numano was just not getting better, and he asked me for a blessing. Well it had been a while since I gave a blessing, so I did it in English, but I was really nervous. Right at the beginning, I just paused for about 30 seconds not knowing what to say, and then words started to leave my mouth. I seriously thought each word as I said it. I still can't remember everything I said, but Elder Numano said it was good. I just kind of felt overwhelmed, and just so good about everything. It didn't heal him immediately, but we were able to get outside that day, and he has improved drastically since then. I love it when God loves us don't you.

Alright so to finish off, I want to share with you a quote from a talk by Tadd R. Callister. This is from a talk he gave in Oct. 2011 General Conference. As you read it, ponder about your own testimony of The Book of Mormon, and Jesus Christ. Think about all of the proof of the validity of both.

"That is the genius of the Book of Mormon--there is no middle ground. It is either the word of God as professed, or it is a total fraud. This book does not merely claim to be a moral treatise or theological commentary or collection of insightful writings. It claims to be the word of God--every sentence, every verse, every page. Joseph Smith declared that an angel of God directed him to gold plates, which contained the writings of prophets in ancient America, and that he translated those plates by divine powers. If that story is true, then the Book of Mormon is holy scripture, just as it professes to be; if not, it is a sophisticated but, nonetheless, diabolical hoax.

C. S. Lewis spoke of a similar dilemma faced by someone who must choose whether to accept or reject the Savior’s divinity--where there is likewise no middle ground: “I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. … You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. … But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”
    
Likewise, we must make a simple choice with the Book of Mormon: it is either of God or the devil. There is no other option."
 -Tadd R. Callister.

What do you think. If you think about it, we don't need to see Jesus Christ, and the miracles he performed. There is already enough proof. Likewise with the Book of Mormon. People ask for proof of the truth of it all the time, and of course we always focus on the Promise in Moroni 10, but just think about it. How could it possibly be Not true. God has designed this perfectly. The reason we don't have the Gold Plates isn't so that people have to have faith, there's enough evidence and proof that we could physically prove it without the Gold Plates. As to why he took them? I don't know. But heck it's true. As I say quite often, "It better be true, cause I'm stickin with it, and if it's not true, I guess I'm screwed." 😆😆


But it is true. I have felt the power of it. You can to. Try it sometime. Think about it. Read it. Pray about it. I promise you as a servant of Jesus Christ, and in his name. You will receive an answer!
 :)

Whew don't know where that came from, but I guess I'm going to go ahead and wrap it up this week. Thanks for all your prayers. I'm feeling a lot better than last week. I'm still exhausted, but it's usually just right before bed, and that's normal.

Well go have a good week. I love you all! Go be the answer to someone else's prayer!
愛しているよ
Elder Eliot