Sunday, September 13, 2015

09/06/2015 | Transfer to the beautiful city of 室蘭‼️(yes I know you can't read it)

09/06/2015

Looks like something serious is going to go down...


Good morning to all. How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing swell. Well I have an announcement to make. I have been Transferred.  They yanked me out of my beautiful Shinkotoni. How rude I only got 2 transfers there. Meh. Oh well. We're not in Africa so what Kenya do.  Lol.

 Anyway I'm sure everyone is wanting to know what happened, so I'll stop beating around the bush and just tell you. I have moved down in the south to the Hakodate zone (also known as the kindest winter and the hottest summer zone) and am now in the lovely city of Muroran!!  Yay!!! You might have heard of it before. Not sure if I've mentioned  it before or not, but this is my trainer, Elder Spurling's, bean area!  In other words I'm at my roots. It's really weird to be here and think  about all the stories I've heard. Supposedly there are some things in the apartment I'm not supposed to touch, and so far I've done a good job, but.... we'll see... Anyway so far it is a beautiful area. We got to go on Saturday night to a 花火大会。In English it means I got to go see the fireworks!!! I thought I was going to miss the annual fireworks that my family goes to, but I didn't! Depending on timing I'll probably miss them next year for sure, but meh. It was Spectacular. I don't think I've ever seen a better fireworks show. Like it was better than Stadium of Fire. And this was just a small one. They had shapes, and characters, and lots of things I had never seen before it was amazing!!! Anyway so it's a fun area. If you look it up online, you'll find some cool photos probably. I've already found several opportunities for awesome photos.



Oh. You're probably wondering who my new companion is. How could I forget. Silly me. I get to work one more transfer as Junior. I am now with...........(this is the drum role)............................ All the way from Yokohama Japan ladies and Gentleman it's Elllllllderrrrrrr Numanoooooooooo!!! Yeah I know none of you have ever heard of Elder Numano, but I have. I've talked with him several times, staying overnight at other apartments and stuff, and he is awesome. Anyway I'm so excited to work this transfer with him in Muroran. And the cool thing is, is that it looks like we'll just have one transfer here together (that's not the cool thing) and then he'll head out to another area, and I'll train a new missionary here. Training in my trainers bean (new missionary) area. How cool would that be.

 Anyway so real quick request. These past few days, I've felt like I hit a wall. I'm not trying to worry anyone and I'm just fine, so don't panic and worry, but these last 3 daysish I've just had no energy, and been extremely tired. I feel as a missionary, and as a person I'm not really progressing a lot right now. I spent a lot of time on my knees yesterday fasting and praying to find out how to fill my gas tank again, and keep going strong, and I've come up with a few ideas, so I think I'll be just fine in about a week, but I would appreciate some prayers on my behalf if I could humbly allow myself to partake of humbly asking you do pray in my behalf (sorry that's the English translation of being extremely polite in Japanese) I would be very grateful.
 
Anyway now that I have scared you all, I want to share with you something I found in my studies just today actually. So I've been wanting to strengthen my Christ like attributes as of late, and I decided the one I want to focus on this transfer is "Charity and love" Part of developing it is writing up your own definition of what the attribute means. I would like to share with you my definition. "Charity is loving even if you aren't loved. It isn't just having affection for people, it's a little different than marriage love. Charity is one of the only things that we can take from this life in to the next. Knowledge will cease because we will be restored back to the knowledge we knew before, but Charity will continue on with us into the eternities. Is is the love that God has for us. It means being patient, and loving someone no matter what they do, and leaving the judgments to God. If you have Charity, you are set."
 
Anyway how cool is that. Now why is this a Christ like attribute. Or in other words how did Christ show Charity? Well here's a scripture to tell you how.

"And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." (1 Ne. 19:9)
Now that's Charity.
 
Go out this week and tell someone you love them. Make them feel your love. Force the love into their bodies. Or just do something kind for them. Either way works the latter might be a little more gentle.
 Anyway I love you all and hope you have a great week. I'll try to have one too.


 愛しているよ
 Elder Eliot