Sunday, October 4, 2015

10/04/2015 | As the days get colder, my heart grows warmer.

10/04/2015 | As the days get colder, my heart grows warmer.


I'm sure that's a quote, hanging on a wall somewhere...

Anyway...
Hey everyone. It's been a week... somehow...  not sure how that happened, but it did. Seriously this week went by really fast. It feels way weird.  Anyway so I had a good week. I'm so stoked right now. We had 2 more great lessons with the Shibuya's. It is so cool to see their progress right now. The other guy, we haven't met with again yet, so we will be trying to visit him at his house this week, but the Shibuya's are just progressing like crazy. It hasn't even been 3 weeks, and already they are just desiring to get baptized. They have gone from not believing in anything, and smoking a lot, to finally having something that they believe in, and strong faith, and they are even quitting tobacco right now!!!

We taught them about repentance, and how it's hard, but worth it, and then from there we started the commandments with them. The first one we did was The Word of Wisdom. It went over really well. The only problem they have with it is tobacco, and they have already progressed far from where they were before. We then taught them about tithing, and temptation yesterday. They have gone from having Zero faith 3 weeks ago to already having such strong faith now. They are diligently reading the Book of Mormon every day, as well as praying, and they have come to church these past few weeks. It looks like we will see a baptism at the end of this month. Which, if I train next transfer will be great for my bean. He'll get to practice teaching with super Golden people, and see a baptism his first transfer. I'm so excited.

It's so cool to see the kind of change that the gospel can have on people. When we first met them, they were just physically unclean, and just from listening to us talk about spiritual cleanliness, they have been outwardly getting cleaner. It's so cool to see how an inward change affects the outside as well. Their apartment is cleaner, they aren't smoking nearly as much. Wow I'm so grateful for the chance to work with them. Watching their progress strengthens my own testimony, and I love it.

As most of you know, this past weekend was General Conference. As as some of you know, I haven't seen it yet :(  I don't get to see it until this next week, because of translation things that have to occur. But... I may have cheated already and seen a few... Shh don't tell anyone
😃

But I do want to talk about the amazing help you can receive from it. I personally have been effected by several different talks over the years that have landed me where I am now. For instance, hearing from the prophets mouth, almost every time "It is a priesthood duty to serve a mission" you get the picture. I want to share one quote from last year Oct. in the Priesthood

session. As you reread the talks, and ponder their meanings, I would exhort that you would ponder this message:

"It was our beloved Savior’s final night in mortality, the evening before He would offer Himself a ransom for all mankind. As He broke bread with His disciples, He said something that must have filled their hearts with great alarm and deep sadness. “One of you shall betray me,” He told them. The disciples didn’t question the truth of what He said. Nor did they look around, point to someone else, and ask, “Is it him?” Instead, “they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?” I wonder what each of us would do if we were asked that question by the Savior. Would we look at those around us and say in our hearts, “He’s probably talking about Brother Johnson. I’ve always wondered about him,” or “I’m glad Brother Brown is here. He really needs to hear this message”? Or would we, like those disciples of old, look inward and ask that penetrating question: “Is it I?” In these simple words, “Lord, is it I?” lies the beginning of wisdom and the pathway to personal conversion and lasting change."

Well hope you all have a good week. As it starts to get colder, be careful, and don't get sick! That's an order lieutenant!!

Love you all!
愛しているよ
Elder Eliot



Some kind of squid things!