Sunday, February 21, 2016

02/21/2016 | Transferred to Kitami

New Sapporo Japan LDS Temple
I'll tell you very quick about some of the things that happened this week. I got transferred, so I am no longer with Elder Bailey, and I'm no longer in Muroran. I am now in Jeff's bean area, of Kitami. It is the area that I was in a district with in Abashiri, so I've already met a lot of the people here, and I'm really close to Abashiri, and will even probably get to go on splits there this transfer. It'll be a lot of fun. I am still training, I am follow up training an elder that came here at the same time as Elder Bailey. His name is Elder Vanisi, and he is from Provo. He is pretty cool, and I've enjoyed working with him so far. Elder Bailey is now with Elder Santos, who was in the MTC for a little while with me, and is a dang great missionary. He's in good hands. We have a few investigators out here, that have quite a bit of potential, so It's going to be a blast.

I found a cool thing in my studies this week that I thought I would share with you. I am reaching the end of Alma in the Book of Mormon, and have been reading about the Stripling Warriors. One thing that intrigued me, is that there is a part that talks about how they didn't fear death. When I read about that, I thought about whether or not, I'd be willing to go and fight. They were 18-20 years old at the time, and it made me think about how I'm the same age. As I thought about it, I realized, heck yeah. I'd totally be willing to fight. I would grab a sword, and go and fight for my family, freedom, church, and country. Which then made me think, if I would be willing to do that, how come I'm not willing to do the simpler things that God asks me to do? Why am I too lazy. "Oh my son, do not be slothful because of the easiness of the way" As a missionary, I am going to work hard. And in Life, and with various callings as well. I'm not being asked to fight an army, so if I'm willing to do that, I can be willing to do simpler things. 

I hope you have a wonderful week.
愛しているよ


Elder Eliot