Monday, March 21, 2016

03/21/2016 | Birthdays


I learned this week, that while the Birthday Month is November in my family, it isn't out here... Apparently In japan everyone was born in March. So we've had a pretty good week. We finally had a week, were we didn't have to go to Kushiro, or Sapporo, or Abashiri, so we finally got to work in our area a little bit. We were able to get out and visit a lot of different people. It's been interesting working here in Kitami, meeting a lot of people, that I have already met in the past. It's kind of interesting getting to do so.

Well it has started to become spring. That means, that it is wet. The snow is all starting to melt. All of it. All over the place. There is so much snow everywhere, that sometime's I'm worried the cities gonna flood. I'm trudging around in shoes that are pretty wet recently. But at the same time, it's been really warm, and I've been outside without a coat. And then yesterday we welcomed in spring yesterday, with snow... that was fun... meh. What can ya do.

So yeah it was everyone's birthday this last week. We had 3 members, and 2 investigators (and my sister) with birthday's that we had to come up with presents for. I'm glad I've learned how to do Origami. I was able to give them something that made them all happy. Including, learning a new one. I can make a flower now, and it looks really good.

Well this email is kind of all over the place, so I guess I'll end it with a small thought.

Matthew 5:14-16
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

We all have light in us. We all have the Light of Christ, and you all know someone that is just "shiny". They are some of the nicest and coolest people ever right? Well what if they were to hide that light? Suddenly they get a little darker, and that makes the world a little darker. So what do we do? We don't hide it. Shine it forth. Show it to everyone. Do things that make you want to show God. Don't do those things that would make you want to hide things. And then remember that as a member of the church, you have a special gift that increases your light. That is the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

I love you all and hope you have a good week.
Happy Birthday to my sister Maegen now. 18 years old. Way to go.

愛しているよ
(I Love You)
Elder Eliot.