Sunday, March 6, 2016

03/06/2016 | Back to the Past


Well, I'm almost out of time, so I'll tell you of one of my adventures this week. We got to go to Abashiri, and work there. It was kind of a shock to get to go back and see it looking just like it did last year. I went with my District Leader Elder Tokuzawa, and we went and dendoed (contacting people) really hard. We hit almost all of the main areas. However, despite visiting a few, we didn't get to meet even one person that I knew. But it was nice to get to visit with the few people that we did meet.

As we talked with an NA (less active member), I realized just how much my language capability has gone up. The last time I did Dendo in Abashiri with a Japanese person, it was with Elder Asato, and I would sit there as people would talk, and just kind of daydream, because I had no idea what was going on. This time I was engaged, and understood everything that was being sad, and was able to jump in with my own things as well. It was really fun. It is really such a blessing to be back in these areas that I have been in before, and see where it has come.

I don't know how long I'll be here, but I have a goal to leave the area better than I found it. So far, we're doing pretty good. Despite being out of our area most of the week, we were able to teach some good lessons, and now have 3 progressing investigators, including one who accepted the challenge to be baptized. Her name is Kudou San. She is in her 80's, and still isn't quite sure if the Book of Mormon is true or not yet, but she accepted the challenge, and committed to start reading, and really asking sincerely. She is scheduled to be baptized on the 16th  of April. She is a very sweet lady, and I'm excited to start working to help her to get baptized.

Well I guess that's about what I've got for you this week. I'll let you know a little more of happenings next week, but I hope you are all 元気 (healthy) and having fun.
Have a great week.
愛しているよ
Elder Eliot