Sunday, June 12, 2016

06/12/2016 | A week of Spirit

New Sapporo LDS Temple Public Open House is in Aug (click photo for info) 


We had a wonderful week. First I've got to say sorry to all those who don't get water in Elk Ridge (their main city well went down and no yard watering awhile). Sounds like a rough situation. I'll put some water in an envelope, and sent it over to you this morning, so hopefully it'll get there in about a week :) lol  

Anyway so this week, we had several great experiences. First, we were able to make another baptismal date with a man named Doi. Doi san is a very interesting man. We need some help to get him to his baptismal date. He really wants to be baptized, but he is a poor man getting a little over $300 a month from the job that he works very long hours at. I don't know if he needs to get a new job, or ask for Sundays off, or what needs to happen, but right now he can't come to church. We need some prayer helps for him. I told him that I would have everyone praying for him, and that if it was the will of God (which it is) he would be baptized. Now we just have to have faith, and push forward. 

Anyway so this week we learned, and felt, and used the Spirit A LOT. I am physically spent right now from the amount of Spirit. On Saturday, we had a Mission Zone Conference, in which President Nakatsuka taught us a lot about the Spirit, in what it feels like, how we can personally feel it more often, and more powerfully, and how we can teach investigators the same. Lot's of deep things occurred. Something I personally learned, is that we can pray ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. We say it all the time, but do we really believe it? I realized, that something I personally can do, is pray more often. As missionaries we pray A LOT. But I still feel like we could pray more. If we do so, we will feel the spirit more often. We will be able to have it with us more often. Why? Because we are "Taking his name upon [us], and always remember[ing] him". 

The last experience I will share, was from yesterday. We had a family feeding us last night, and so we shared a message with them. I took the bullet, because we hadn't had time to prepare much, and so I pulled something out of mid air. I testified of the Truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, and about the Truth of this church, and about the Truth. As I was doing so, I suddenly was out of my body. I was hearing myself say the words. I wasn't thinking about what to say, and words were coming out of my mouth. The Holy Ghost was speaking through me. It was way interesting to learn from myself, but the feeling afterward, of being used by God, was the best feeling ever. My body was exhausted. But my Spirit was full. I challenge you all to be worthy of having that happen whenever God needs it to happen, because you don't know when he'll need you. You can feel it too. I love God. I love Dendo. I love Japan.


Everyone have a wonderful week.
愛しているよ
Elder Eliot