Thursday, October 30, 2014

So um. I'm Leaving...

10/30/2014



So um. I'm leaving. I'm going out of the USA, and I'm not coming back for 2 years. I'm actually doing this. Suddenly it seems like I'm actually on a mission. I can't wait for Monday, but it seems like it came to fast. Has it really been 2 months. Have I really been away from everyone for that long. Does it seem like it's been that long to all of you? It really has just breezed past. Hmm time is weird. 

Well I don't have a ton to write about this week. It was just another normal week. We had Sis Rosemary Wixom (Primary General President) come and talk to us on tuesday. It was really awesome. She talked about an Elder that at one point in the mission, was getting discouraged and was wondering who he really was, and if he really believed everything and why it was all worth it. When suddenly he started humming and then singing and old Primary song.
♫"I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I know who I am. I know God's Plan.
I'll follow him in faith. I belive in the Savior Jesus Christ.
I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right. I'll follow his light.
His truth I will Proclaim"♪
How powerful that was to look back at that song and think wow i'm living that even still today. I haven't thought about that song in so long, and she brought it up, and had us all sing it. I wish I had a recording of it. It was so cool. Great way to never get discouraged I'd say. 
The other thing that she said that I really enjoyed, quoting Elder Holland, who was quoting a very successful swimmer, when asked how he was so successful replied "I stroke when I don't want to stroke, and I kick when I don't want to kick." I'm not even going to comment on that. Just let it stew in your minds. Good food for thought.

Well I'm getting ready to head out to Japan, and don't have much more time, so I'll just end this by bearing my testimony for you. Yes in Japanese! I can do that.

末日生徒イエス.キリスト教会はしんしつだとしてます
このふづいんはとてもすばらしとしんじつだとしてます
イエス。キリストはみんなのすくいぬしだとしてます
みなをあいしています
いげんのたまものはしんじつだとしてます
わたしはにほんにいくことをじゅんびします。
ジョセフ。スミスはよげんしゃだとしてます
トマス。S。モンソンはきょうのよげんしゃだとしてます
イエス。キリストのみなによっておあかしします。アーメン

愛しています

エリオと長老