Sunday, December 21, 2014

Drunk sleep message stuff. I'm so tired. In fact I'm so tired I didn't realize until just now that I forgot to go do!


Otaru District Missionaries
12/21/2014

Hey everyone
So yeah I'm in Abashiri right now (see map below). This week has been crazy, so I'm going to give you a run down of each day. As the subject says, I am super tired, so if my enlishs doesn't make sense, or if it isn't spelled right, good luck. And don't shoot me.

Monday: My last Pepraration-Day in Otaru. We finished emailing, and then went and bought groceries, and ate yummy food, and then we went and visited, for the last time, Watanabe Kyodai (kyodai means brother, and prefixes are suffixes in Japan) (he is one of the Less Actives that is now reactivated) It was a somber meeting. I'll send pictures. He's way cool though. He makes model tanks (which will be in the pictures) and they are really good. Those are also in the pictures

Tuesday: Last day in Otaru. We had District Training Meeting (DTM) in the morning. We had a testimony meeting for that, because it was the last DTM for 3 of the sisters in our district, and 2 of us elders were transferring. It was cool. Way awesome to get to hear dying missionaries (returning home) testimonies. I have pictures of our district too that should send. After that, we went and visited another member to say good bye, as well as a less active who is still less active. They were both really cool, and I was sad to say good bye to them, but had to move on. That night The Sakumas fed us dinner. Bishop Sakuma  couldn't come, because he was sick, but Sackuma shimai (sister) and their kids came. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to say goodbye to them. It was kind of a solumn day. I cried on the inside alot

Wednesday: Transfer day. Hey just kidding. Don't know if any of you have been following weather in Hokkaido or not, but on Wednesday and Thursday, there was a blizzard hurricane type thing. It was insane. Some people died from it. That morning, we got a call from our district leader that told us to stay inside all day. Turns out the storm only occurred on the eastern side of the island of Hokkaido, and most of the missionaries were in Sapporo, so no missionaries got hurt. Nothing even happened in Otaru. There was a fair amount of wind but that was all. We stayed inside all day. I made sure I was fully packed, and ready to go, and then we played Japanese Chess, we cleaned, I watched the washing machine wash clothes, Best day ever. (#actuallastdayinotaru #veryboring)

Thursday: Actual Transfer day. Got up early this morning, and got all of my stuff put together, and we headed for the Sapporo Train Station. We got there and started meeting with all the missionaries, when Boom. There's Elder Spurling (my new companion). He's so much shorter than I thought he'd be. But he is so awesome. He's so hippster. He pulls it off too. He is way cool. He has an amazing voice too. And I'm killing him this transfer (his mission ends in February). Yup this is his last transfer, and I am going to kill him. How fun is that. So yeah we met up and went to the city of Shinoro. Because of the Storm, we couldn't go back to Abashiri yet, so we went and stayed in Shinoro, and Dendoed there for a little while. We got to meet some of Elder Spurling's old Investigators, and member friends (he was in the Shinoro area for a while). It was fun

Friday: Also in Shinoro. Met this cool american that has lived in Japan for 10 years. He still can't speak squat. And his wife is Japanese. I don't know how that works, but apparently it does. He was cool. But yeah once again we were in Shinoro all day.

Satuday: We finnaly got to go to Abashiri. We woke up early in the morning, to go to catch a bus for a 6 hour ride to Abashiri. Soooooo long. I slept for some of the ride, and then sat there bored for the rest of it. It was long. When we got back, we spent the rest of the time making cookies, and a musical number for the Christmas party, then we went to the Christmas party. We had a lot of fun, but it was small numbers. Abashiri has a branch of about 22 members. It's so much different from Utah. But yeah that happened, and it was fun

Sunday: So Abashiri got hit by that storm, and that's why we couldn't go back yet. There is quite a ton of snow. It's higher than my head. But the biggest problem, is the Sun comes out still. It melts the snow, and then it goes down, and it FREEZES. There is solid ice all over any road that isn't a main road. I slipped 4 times. I really hurt myself on one of them. It's pretty insane. but we still had fun. I got to bless the Sacrament for the first time on my mission (in Japanese) it was fun. We went and did some Dendo after that. It was so sketchy. I hate ice I've decided. It's the worst. Ice just straight up sucks. but yeah. Then the Ward Mission Leader and his Wife fed us that night because it was Elder Spurling's BIRTHDAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. he just turned 21, and his birthday is on the 21st. Lol. Golden birthday. He's so old...

So yeah that was my week. Sorry I am so tired, and dead. I can't even think straight enough to write stuff. This will forever  be known as one of the worst messages I've ever sent. Oh well

Merry Christmas to all. Love you all so much. See you in what seems like a long time but actually wont be sadly enough.
Bye

Elder Eliot

Sapporo Mission Areas, Kelson is in Abashiri (north coast)

This is the beach, not Santa Cruz!!

This man makes army tank models

Last goodbye to Otaru missionaries

Funny, English sign