Sunday, August 30, 2015

08/31/2015 | Miricle days, and Transfers

08/31/2015

Hey everyone. It's been a week hasn't it. How've you all been doing?
I've been doing pretty good myself. I'm a little sad this transfer has already gone by so fricken fast. Why is it that when I get a good companion time flies by, and it doesn't feel like I get to do enough.

Anyway, I'd like to tell you about a miracle this week. So we have an investigator named Sawada san, and he's really cool. He's an older guy, that lives by himself, and he really likes the missionaries, and our message. He's got a lot of medical issues though, and so we've been going to great lengths to try to help him to progress. We even got him a CD player so he could listen to the Book of Mormon, since he is not physically capable to read it. So we went over to his house,
and taught him the Plan of Salvation, using a cute little Draemon set of visual aids. Draemon is a very popular kids show out here, and he loved it. Anyway we taught him about it, and he liked it all. Apparently he had already heard of it before however, but it was a good review. So after that we proceeded to talk with him about baptism. He is willing, and wouldn't mind getting baptized, but he has a lot of physical problems, and a surgery coming up that keeps him from being able to be baptized until next year. Well there isn't a lot that we can do about it, we've been thinking about it lately, but that wasn't the miracle. The miracle was that we came out of that lesson, I wouldn't say discouraged, because it was a good lesson, but the fact that one of our stronger investigators couldn't get baptized was a little bumming. So coming out of his apartment, and going down the stairs to our bikes, we were standing there and this girl on her bike stops and asks, "are you Goddard san?" (Elder Goddard used to be in this area. He was my old companion, Elder Thompson's, trainer) We of course told her we weren't, but that we were his "replacements" and then proceeded to start talking with her some more. She didn't have a lot of interest in the Gospel, but she had a lot of interest in English. So we shared with her the possibility of doing this program called the Free Family English Program with her. Basically what we do it meet up, usually at their house, and we teach them an English lesson for 30 minutes, and then our message for 30 minutes. She was thrilled to try that, so last Friday we went to her house, got to meet her boyfriend, and her cats, and started up the program. The Gospel Lesson went a little longer than 30 minutes, but her English was very good, and she listened to our message, committed to read the book of Mormon, and even prayed for us at the very end. She seems like somebody that will take us seriously, and actually strive to learn in both English and the gospel. I hope she progresses a lot. Probably going to pass her to the sisters, just because she is female, but I think she is very prepared, and could see her getting baptized here soon. #miraclemessage

So this week is transfers already. I have literally no idea what is going to happen. My guess is that I'm out of Shinkotoni though. There's enough missionaries coming in that it looks like Elder Birch is going to go Trainer, but once again I don't know. All I do know is that it is all run off of actual revelation, and it's no coincidence what happens, or where I go. So I'm excited for it, and I will let you all know how it goes. The other thing that comes up this week is my year mark. So with that coming up, I'm still just being mind blown by how fast time moves on a mission. But with it coming up I would like to say thank you to all of my loyal fans that have kept up with this whole past year, and I'm looking forward to one more. I love you all so much, and appreciate all of the prayers that have been said in my behalf. I can feel them, and I know they are helping. Well I love you all, and I want you to all know of the testimony I have of this work. This past year has been great. I've had ups and I've had downs. I've had doubts, and I've had testimony builders, but through it all, how grateful I am that I was put on this earth at the time that I was with the people that I was put with. I know that you have all had an impact in my life at some point, and I know that there was a reason I was put where I was. I once again thank you all, and just want you all to know that I know this work is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and he is our savior. Remember that through all rough times, he has experienced all, and he loves us eternally. He knows what we go through. Try asking him about it sometime ;)
>
Well that's my piece for this week. Go give someone a hug this week, and make em smile.
愛しておられるよ。
エリオット長老