Sunday, January 3, 2016

01/03/2016 | Opps, I traveled so far...sorry

Hey everyone. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sorry it's been so long. We had to skip P-Day last week, and it got switched to 1/1, but then we were way to busy that day to do anything, and so I didn't get anything sent out... ごめんね(^人^)

So there's been a lot happening. We had Shogatsu parties this last week!! Woot!! Shogatsu is New Year, and In Japan is probably the most largely celebrated and observed Holiday. It takes up 3 whole days, and honestly for missionaries isn't to different except for the fact that we all gain like 5 Kilos (sorry don't run on pounds anymore) from all of the food that we are given to eat. We had some wonderful days though where we got to eat with all of my favorite members, Including one who
normally lives in Muroran, but is currently up in Shinkotoni for work. So I knew him from before, and it was great to catch up. I'll talk about that night real quick. That was the night we spent with the
Kamada's. Brother Kamada is the Ward Mission Leader currently in Shinkotoni, and his wife still lives down here. They had us (and the Shimai) over for dinner at which we ate Okonomiyaki which is basically a pancake with cabbage, and all sorts of meat in it smothered with sauces. Its really good. We then proceeded to talk about the deep rich history of Japan and the Gospel. It is a lot of stuff that if you don't know Japan, or Japanese it wont make sense, so they'll have to be things that I explain when I'm home. Sorry, but it was sooooo cool.

Something Cool I learned from that night was really, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, This Gospel Has Proof. People tell us all the time that if they had proof they would believe, and the funny thing is, there is proof. But if we were to show these things to people, they still wouldn't believe it. I bore my testimony about this yesterday in church, and its so true. If you haven't received a confirmation by the spirit, if you don't already have a testimony, and faith in the gospel, than you wont understand the proof. Its all so clear to me, but other people just wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

So that cool stuff happened. And then Hey. Its 2016. あけましておめでとう‼️ Can you believe its already the year of the date on my plaque that means I'm coming home soon? I'm still in shock. I've gotten to the point that all of these new missionaries have come in, that I don't know everyone in the mission anymore. This week is transfers, and I'm going on 11. Don't worry Dad. I'll make it special just for you. But being on 11 means that there's only 5 left to go. I'm done on 16, and 5 transfers
isn't that long at all. I'll be out of here before I know it. That's so insane. I seem to remember writing about how fast it was going yesterday when it was my second week in the MTC. I guess that means I
gotta work harder. I'm a little nervous for this week. There's a High chance that I'm leaving Muroran, and I really don't want to. I have so much more I need to do here. This area could become dynamite, and I want to help get it to that point. I'm really nervous. I guess I'll let you know what happens.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful year. Make 2016 the year to turn things around. Make the bads goods, and make the goods betters. You can do it. Ask for help. You'll get it. I promise! I know with all my heart that this gospel Is of God. He is the author of everything, and he loves us. He wants to help you だよ。
I can testify to that.
Aaaand that's where I'll leave it at.
じゃ〜〜ね
愛してい〜ます〜よ
Elder Eliot