Sunday, November 15, 2015

11/15/2015 | The Most Prepared Area in Hokkaido...

11/15/2015


So that week went by super fast. I feel like I was just doing this yesterday. I guess that's what happens when you are full, and busy. Everything just goes by like that.... I mean like super fast....

Anyway so how is everyone? Its been a week, any fun things happen? Let me know. I miss all yours faces.

So this week, We have been working really hard, and despite taking time out for sickness, and a Zone Training Meeting, we were able to see a ton of miracles, and we have 2 more people now with baptismal dates. I'll give you a little bit of info on them.

So first of all an update on some people for you. First the Shibuya's. They are just super solid, and are going to grow to be very strong members. They are way excited to go to the temple here in a year, and are diligently trying to read their scriptures, and keep the commandments. They sadly lost a cat this week :( one of their little kittens just passed away. Little sad for them. Youji is going to be receiving the priesthood in a few weeks. So they are both pushing strong.

Itabayashi San is doing wonderful. He is continuing to push forward. Recently he has been telling us about how much he is emotionally moved, and making several other comments that are very similar to the Shibuya's when they started pushing forward real hard. He has definitely felt the Spirit and is acting on it. He has already quit smoking, and is obeying the word of wisdom. He is going way strong, and It's looking like we'll have a baptism here again next month. I better not transfer...

The next guy we made a date with is Daisuke. I think I talked about him last week, but he's the one that we found with all of the cats. We were able to go and talk to him again, and teach him the message of the restoration. He is extremely smart, and frankly just would agree with everything we said. We talk outside just as the sun was going down and the stars came out, making a perfectly beautiful scene before us from which we were able to talk about God. He was so so so cool. Super intelligent, and just knows that their is a God. 1 person. 1 being that governs everything. He is a practicing Buddhist, but still believes in Christ as well. He was very excited to accept a Book of
Mormon and accept the challenge to try to feel the Spirit, and if he does so, be baptized on the 26th of Dec. One week after Itabayashi San. Even in Muroran it'll be a white Christmas. Lol. I'm really
looking forward to talking with him again. I've never had a conversation that has been as fun as this last one we had with him. He is so cool.

The last guys name is Ritsuki Shirakawa (I think, its 白川, which has 4 different readings, so I'm guessing. In the end they all mean White River) He's actually a referral. His family recently moved into the Muroran area, and made friends with a family in the ward named the Kawano's. The Kawano's oldest son, Itsuki, invited him to an activity, and suddenly he started coming to church and any and all other activities we've had. We were able to teach him as well, and challenged him to be baptized on the 9th of January. That date might change because of a temple trip happening around that time, but for now, he is more than willing to listen, and wants to come to church whenever he doesn't have baseball. Which has been these past 2 weeks. We are going this Wed. with Sister Kawano to visit his parents, so that they don't think we are trying to brainwash him, and to make sure they are ok with us meeting with him. He seems way cool though, and has already started reading the Book of Mormon.

Well I guess that's about my time for this week. Hope you all have a wonderful week this week. I now know that I have been placed in one of the most prepared areas in all of Hokkaido. There are so many people willing to listen to us. It is a real testimony to me of the truthfulness of this gospel. It's really cool to get to help people taste the fruit. I know it's true, and I love it, and I love getting to see other people love it.

Love to everyone.
愛しているよ
Elder Eliot

Quite the heel!