Sunday, March 1, 2015

Quarter Mark

03/01/2015

Hanging with the Ujiie Family

I am a month away from my 1/4 mark (actually it will be March 4th). When did that happen. I don't remember that much time going by. I still feel like I just left yesterday, and yet here my mission is just disappearing before my eyes.

Lesson learned. Time literally goes by like that *snap*

Live it up to it's fullest. Time to do some work. No more wasting any time. There is so much to do, and so little time to do it. With that said, this month, is sooooo busy. Almost no time to work in Abashiri. Tomorrow we are going down to Sapporo for a Mission Tour (basically we have a member of the 70 or someone else high up coming to speak with us) So we'll be gone for 3 days, after that, we are spending a few days in Kitami next week for splits (working with other missionaries), the week after that, we are in Kitami one more time, and then heading to Sapporo for transfers, and IPAD TRAINING (we're getting new iPads). Basically we are almost not in Abashiri this whole month. That means we need to work hard.

River by Kelson's Home
 
This week has been very bipolar. I don't know if any of you keep up with the weather in Hokkaido Japan or anything, but we had a really weird week. It was HOT. It was so warm all week. Everytime we talked to someone the topic got brought up about how it was already turning Spring. But then on Friday, BOOM BLIZZARD. OUT OF NOWHERE. It is still snowing right now, but once again it is warm. I thought I left Utah. I guess Hokkaido is just the Japanese version of Utah or something. 

English Class Boggle
Not a ton of significant stuff happened this week. We haven't had a chance to visit our 2 investigators this week, so we did a lot of finding, with no success. I've been studying Japanese like crazy. I'm finally to a point that I can have a conversation with someone. I can basically say anything I want now, but it's still a little hard to understand people. But it is quite apparent that I have been getting help with that. Having a Japanese companion helps quite a bit.

The icebergs are gone!
Well I can't think of anything else to write this week, It was kind of just a normal week. Hope everyone is doing good. I miss you all,  but I'm out doing the Lords work, so it's ok. I keep you all in my prayers, and I thank you for all the prayers in my behalf. I feel them everyday.

Love you all, Have a great week.

Elder Eliot



Gotta remove all that snow!